03 Mar Need to create value through operational excellence?
Need to create value through operational excellence?
Edited by Tony Ecock of Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS) and PEOPEN, The Operating Partner in Private Equity features in-depth successful strategies, important lessons learned, real-life examples and war stories in all aspects of the value-creation cycle.
Reading this executive-level publication you’ll learn from superior operating experts and leading investor favourites: 3i, Advent International, Clayton Dubilier & Rice, General Atlantic, KKR Capstone, Morgan Stanley Private Equity and WCAS.
If you’re an operating partner, this guide will help you succeed in your day-to-day job, benchmark against your peers and provide invaluable intelligence on every aspect of adding value to private equity portfolio companies.
For general partners building an operating partner team, you’ll find out which models works best for your firm. Get the insider views about how to make the best investments and successful exits.
Key benefits of this title:
- Gain a deep understanding of the value-creation process, with strategic approaches and practical advice
- Leverage strategies on how to grow EBITDA and effectively manage costs and working capital to improve bottom-line performance
- Learn how to build an effective operating partner team that best fits your firm
- Discover how to conduct effective financial, operational, tax and market due diligence to maximise positive outcome
248 pages of valuable top-tier insight detailing:
- Leverage operating insights from over 30 top-tier private equity operating partners and consultants
- Optimise your due diligence process by knowing which questions to ask to reveal competencies and deficiencies before committing to a deal
- Identify strategies that can deliver early wins and maintain momentum across your entire organisation post-close
- Understand who your customers are through research and how to secure long-term buy-in through implementing customer lifetime value
- Develop a procurement programme to drive significant cost savings throughout the entire portfolio
- Incentivise and manage your portfolio company CEOs and management teams to ensure maximum cooperation and results
About the editor
Anthony Ecock is a general partner with the private equity investment firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS) in New York, which he joined in 2007. At WCAS, Tony leads the Resources Group, a team of generalists and specialists responsible for helping portfolio companies improve growth, EBITDA and cash flow. From 2003 until joining WCAS, Tony served as vice president and general manager of Enterprise Sales for General Electric (GE) Healthcare, a $17 billion division of the General Electric Company. Prior to joining GE Healthcare, he was senior vice president and global general manager, Patient Monitoring at Philips Electronics, Agilent Technologies and Hewlett Packard. Tony spent 12 years at the consulting firm Bain & Company, where he was a partner, practice leader for Information Technology and programme director for Consultant Training.
Tony has an MBA from Harvard University, where he was a Baker Scholar, and a BS in Economics with majors in Finance and Accounting, with honours, from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Tony is the founder and leader of the Private Equity Operating Partner Executive Network (PEOPEN). Founded in 2008, PEOPEN serves as a networking forum for the sharing of non-proprietary best practices and proven external resources related to private equity portfolio company management, operations and value creation. Membership now consists of over 350 full-time, on-staff operating partner members globally. Qualified applicants may join PEOPEN at www.peopen.org or on LinkedIn.
Who should buy this book
- Operating Partners
- Operating Executives
- Industry Executives
- Senior Advisers
- Portfolio Executives
- Resources Executives
- Consultants and Advisers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- General Partners
- Human Capital Partners